You have permission to edit this article.

Crime Notes: Drunken bar fight and theft

  • Updated
  • Comments

Don’t pick a fight with a wall

Around 1 a.m. on Oct. 5 Stillwater police responded to a disturbance call at Outlaws, located at 501 S Washington St.

Upon arrival police saw a group of people standing around a man on the ground, according to police reports. The bar’s manager approached the officers and told them the man on the ground had attempted to assault a person walking by, stumbled into the wall and then fallen on the ground.

The disturbance started inside the bar when the man tried to sneak his girlfriend into the bathroom with him. The bouncers caught them and told the girlfriend that she had to wait outside the restroom, which caused both to become very upset. According to reports, the couple started cussing and complaining and the man struck the manager of the bar on the left side of the face.

The couple was removed from the bar, still visibly upset. The man tried to take his anger out on a bystander, which resulted in him hitting the wall and falling to the pavement. When firemen and paramedics arrived, the man tried to refuse medical attention and tried to apologize to the bar manager, according to police reports.

The man was taken to the Stillwater Medical Center. He was extremely intoxicated and disoriented, according to reports. He kept attempting to apologize to the officers for the trouble he had caused.

The manager of Outlaws said that he did not want to press charges.

Beer isn’t free

Around 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 6 Stillwater police responded to report of shoplifting at the OnCue located at 1402 S Perkins St.

Police apprehended David Riley McChesney, 39, walking west on East 14th Street. He was identified by the store clerk as the shoplifter.

McChesney had attempted to steal a 15 pack of Keystone Ice from the store, valued at $9.99. The value is below the standard for prosecution in Stillwater.

McChesney was very lethargic, unsteady on his feet and had a strong odor of alcohol. He was arrested for public intoxication and taken to the Stillwater Municipal Jail.