Hallie Hart, a rising senior in sports media at Oklahoma State University, placed fifth in the Associated Press Sports Editors competition for student work produced between June 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019. The awards were announced Wednesday.
Hart’s entries were published in The O’Colly, where she works as a staff reporter. Hart’s work has also appeared in The Oklahoman, Tulsa World and Stillwater News Press.
Hart said she was honored to receive the recognition.
“I’m thankful for the many people who have fostered my love for sports writing and have helped me become a better journalist," Hart said. "Sports reporters, OSU faculty members and O’Colly mentors are consistently inspiring me. I feel honored for my name to appear on this list of talented college sports reporters, and I would like to thank the APSE judges who reviewed my work. My goals are to keep working harder and to keep improving.
Follow the links below to view the portfolio Hart submitted.
- Feature: After the last sunset: Patterson's legacy lives on in new OSU soccer stadium, beyond
- Enterprise: A game of numbers: Walton, Cowboys describe how MLB's analytics movement is changing college pitching
- Breaking News: After pilot program, OSU introduces beer sales to sporting venues
- Multimedia: Matt Sitton feature video
- Wild Card: A new beginning: Network of mentors inspires Anei to strengthen basketball dreams, change perspective.