Worst episode ever.
I was truly bored out of my mind watching the second episode of "Game of Thrones'" last season.
In two episodes that spanned 54 and 58 minutes, respectively, there were no on-screen deaths.
Not to sound like a psychopath, but many fans do not watch Game of Thrones for the politics or interfamilial love. Many, such as myself, watch it for the action.
What the episode did do was that it got me amped for this Sunday when it will finally be the Battle of Winterfell.
This episode had numerous flaws that generally made the episode boring. If the episode was leaked early, there would be no spoilers for fans. The episode did not reveal anything new or shocking. Well, maybe one shocking series of events involving Arya.
Since the end of the last episode, we all knew the Battle of Winterfell was coming. When Tormund, the Night's Watch and the Brotherhood without Banners met in the Umber's castle, I was ready for a fight.
All last week if thought about how the battle would go, who would live and who would die.
Then as I again sat in my friend's apartment on Sunday, I watched strategic planning and people talking about how they're going to die.
Once again, I'll make it easier by listing who I believe will die. I will most likely be wrong, but with some, I know they will die.
- Beric Dondarrion: Dead and will say something cliche about the Lord of Light when he dies.
- Theon Greyjoy: Dead, he is in the worst place, stay out of the crypts.
- Brienne of Tarth: Alive, her leading the flank is going to be key.
- Ser Davos Seaworth: Dead, he survived the Battle of Blackwater and Battle of the Bastards, but the Onion Knight will not survive.
- Grey Worm: Dead, will somehow sacrifice himself to save Missandei.
- Gendry: Alive, him and Arya will demolish loads of White Walkers.
- Arya: Alive, after what we all saw last week, Arya is going to kill thousands.
- The Hound: Dead, wouldn't be surprised if Arya kills him herself.
- Jon Snow: Alive, the King in the North will lead them to victory
- Daenerys Targaryen: Alive (for now), Daenerys and Drogon are going to defeat the Night King and the undead Viserion.
- Night King: Dead, technically he's already dead, but he will be defeated.
- Jamie Lannister: Dead, fights for the living, gets killed by the dead.
There are more characters such as Podrick, Sansa and Bran who will either live or die. But those are a few of the characters I believe are locks for their fate.
The confrontation between Jamie and Daenerys was lacking any true emotion. It was easy to guess that she would let Jamie live. As I previously said, there were no plot twists or spoilers that you could talk about.
The last part that I was especially displeased with were the actions between Daenerys and Jon. It seemed as if the two of them only talks for about five minutes.
When Jon finally reveals that he is Daenerys' nephew, she only talks about the Iron Throne. Excuse me, you are in love with your nephew. Could you talk about something other than becoming queen for once?
The next episode better be action packed and provide more detail to what has been brewing for seasons. If not, this season will be cemented as the worst.